Skilled interactive storyteller with an emphasis on game design. Effective communicator both interpersonally and through a variety of media.
Muskingum University, New Concord, Ohio
BA, May 2012, Summa Cum Laude
Major in Digital Media Design with minors in Art and Religion
Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
MA, May 2015, Summa Cum Laude
- Focused on Interactive Design, Web Design, and Visual Communication.
- Earned a Fellowship with the Digital Media Design Director as a Freshman.
Masters of Telecommunications and Digital Storytelling
- Specialized in Video Game Design and Analysis with an emphasis in Interactive Storytelling.
Graduate Assistant/Instructor, Ball State University, 2012 – 2014
Independent Game Designer, 2014 – Present
- Redesigned the Telecommunication’s Web Design course to include updates to HTML and CSS.
- Received student evaluations of 4.5 or greater on a 5 point scale over a year.
Lead Designer for Class-Based Game Design Team, Ball State University, 2013
- Developed an Interactive Fiction video game for my Master’s final project.
Student Worker at Muskingum University Bookstore, 2008 – 2012
- Directed an inexperienced, cross-discipline team through the creation of two playable levels.
Student Worker at Muskingum University Summer Seminars, 2007 – 2008
- Responsible for sales, customer service, identifying needs of customers and providing educated solutions.
Independent Game Designer, 2001 – 2004
- Spent two summers working as tech support for college professors. Jobs included computer support, printing requests, and presentation setups.
- Built several games using Tim Sweeney’s ZZT.
- Created a puzzle game called Ball Maze with 11 levels.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong interdisciplinary and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Trained in using the Adobe Creative suite including Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, After Effects, Audition, and Flash.
- Skilled in using audio and video equipment including audio boards/mixers, setting up microphones, and both video and photography cameras.
- Two years of graduate school engaged in video game design and analysis.
- Versed in creative, journalistic, and technical writing.
- Familiar with game development software such as Unity 3D, Game Maker Studio, Game Salad, and Quest 5.
- Volunteered with a UK-based international team welcoming international students.
- Experience working with both Windows and Mac computers.
- Spent a Semester at Dundee University, Scotland studying Digital Interaction Design.
- Worked with a design team in Chicago to develop a conference theme.
- Worked as crew and producer/director for Muskingum University’s TV Station.
- High School Marching and Concert Band Trumpet Section Leader.
(Click to View)